18 March 2011

Summer Teaser

Gorgeous day here today.  76⁰ outside and it's still March...this I could get used to.  I decided to take advantage of the weather today.  I found my way down to Center City, with a few job prospects that I was following up with on the agenda, so I took care of that first.  I wandered around a little while, checking different places and such, before I decided that I needed a break.  Coincidentally, I had found my way over to a Barnes and Noble and figured that I would go in there and check to see if they had a book there that I had wanted to read.  I used to read more often, but slowly gave that up over the course of time and have come to realize that it's something I enjoy and should really make an effort to get back to it.

Into the bookstore I go and I make my way up to the 3rd floor, where they keep the good stuff.  Ahh, there it is, only one copy left and it's mine!  Generation A by Douglas Coupland.  I've read a number of books by D.C. and I consider him to be one of my favorite authors, if not my number one all by himself.  He's got a really creative writing style and a unique way of interweaving different characters together.  $15+ tax and I'm out the door.

With my new book in hand, I made my way over to Rittenhouse Square, where there was a surplus of people, all of whom are taking advantage of the randomly warm weather as if it may never have come back again.  There were people walking dogs, people singing, dancing, hula-hooping, playing guitar, basking in the sunlight, reading in the shade and basically just happy to be there.  So was I.

Today was a good day and look forward to more of those to come.



Last song on iPod:
Linkin Park | The Catalyst

No comments:

Post a Comment